Let’s learn how to apply for visa to the Netherlands from the Philippines, with these easy steps. Note that a ‘Schengen visa’ is required to visit one or more of the 26 Schengen countries. This visa is valid in all Schengen States for a stay of up to 90 days within a 180-day period for a visit, tourism or business, but not for employment or family reunification purposes. Netherlands is part of the Schengen countries and Filipino nationals who are ordinary passport holders are required to apply for a visa to enter the Schengen area. We get quite a number of inquiries on how to apply for visa to the Netherlands hence this post. Visa to the Netherlands, just like with other European embassies in Manila have already adopted visa applications thru vfsglobal.
How to Apply for Visa to the Netherlands:
- Choose which visa type will you be applying for. Here are the visa categories: Tourist, Business, Visiting Family and Friends Visa, Transit. We did not include other visa categories like seafarers and diplomatic visas as we assume there is a broader source of information for those visas. A Tourist visa is solely for the purpose of leisure travel including vacationing, cruising, sightseeing and other recreational activities. If during any portion of your visit to Netherlands you intend to engage in business, or official duties you must refer to other relevant visa categories. A Business visa is required if during any portion of the visit you intend to conduct business or commercial activities e.g. meetings, conferences, training, trade fairs etc. Such visas can only be issued to travellers not being paid for work by an entity within the Netherlands. If you intend to undertake paid work in the Netherlands you will need to obtain a work permit.
- Go to http://www.vfsglobal.com/netherlands/philippines/index.html to set appointment. You have to create an account with the vfsglobal website so they can email you all the details relating to your application. Once you have clicked on setting appointment, an email will be sent to you indicating time and date you are expected to be at the embassy. At your appointment, you are requested to bring a completed checklist and A4 photocopies of all your supporting documents as per the stated requirements. Don’t forget to enclose all the documents in 1 long brown envelope.
- Requirements for tourist visa are as follows:
- A completed and signed Schengen visa application form.
- Passport, with photocopy of the biopage, all previous visas
- Evidence of legal residence
- Passport photo
- Travel Itinerary
- Documents proving your visit is for tourist purposes
- Hotel reservation for the duration of your visit
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Certificate of Employment & copy of Leave of Absence (if employed)
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees
For business visas, the same requirements plus invitation from the organization, association or any entity that is inviting you.
Just a reminder:
- If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply at the consulate of the country that is your main destination meaning the country where you will be staying the most number of days.
- If you intend to visit several Schengen countries but do not have a main destination or will be staying the same amount of time in each of them, you must apply at the Consulate of the country you will enter first.
For any questions, clarifications, feel free to get in touch with VFS Helpline thru the below contact details;
- Landline: + 63 2 789-4903 (Call Center is available Monday to Friday 07:00 – 16:00 except Public Holiday)
- Email: email@example.com
Check out our Europe packages here.